Hier kann man über fast alles Diskutieren was in die anderen Themen nicht passt

Moderatoren: Hans Muff, Johnnie, Axel

Antworten
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

Beitrag von Axel »

Es ist nicht zu fassen, unser Forum füllt sich mit schrecklichen Nachrichten rund um die Musikwelt.

Eddie Van Halen hat am 06.10.2020 seinen Kampf gegen den Krebs mit nur 65 Jahren verloren.

Bild
Bild
Axel
Administrator
Administrator
Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

Beitrag von Axel »

John Petrucci:

So deeply saddened by this tremendous loss today. EVH changed guitar forever and was a tremendous inspiration for me and countless guitarists everywhere. Today the guitar community and the world mourn the loss of a true innovator, legend and one of the greatest musical icons of our time. My deepest sympathies go out to his family. May you Rest In Peace Eddie. 💔

Jordan Rudess:

Today we lost a good one! Eddie. Van Halen was an incredibly unique and gifted human who influenced and changed the course of music history during his stay on our planet.

Mike Mangini:

Beyond the instrument & musician part of EVH we all know a lot about, I'll tell you that he was extremely generous and funny. At first, I was just "Gary's friend" to him as I spent most of my "off" time at 5150 during the four years when GC was the singer and I was w/Vai. Between tours, I was there 3/days week usually, so it was a lot of time spent. I rarely talked music though- it mostly humor based and zany takes on life as I was there to socialize with Gary. However, he heard me say that I had nowhere to practice for a couple of weeks, so he offered and gave me use of 5150 where I practiced 8 hours a day before I shut down "shop" in 2000. That's where I learned to play the whole Fire Garden Suite for my clinic tour! lol No kidding! He pulled me off the kit daily to show me and talk about a different car of his. He had more cars than I had Twizzlers in my day bag. I still can't believe those experiences happened. I didn't take a single picture though; not a one. I did not dare take out a camera because he had given me 24/7 access to his property for all those years. I'm sick to my stomach now about not having a single picture, but my memory is overtaken by all the laughs that I'll never forget it anyway. I pray for souls when they pass and I said a Rosary for his. RIP EVH!

Quelle: Facebook
Bild
Antworten